NaNoWriMo 2009 Commitment Letter
These are my commitments to myself for NaNoWriMo 2009:
• I will write like there’s no tomorrow to tell as much of the story as I can today.
• I will not re-read anything that I’ve already milked for its word count.
• I will not be ashamed of using the long way of explaining things for the sake of the word count.
• Once I’ve hit my target word count, I will continue writing until the scene/chapter is done.
• I will write every day until the first draft of my book is finished.
• I will not spend time worrying over the right word.
• For the sake of my word count, I will not avoid too many uses of “he said”.
• I will go off on any tangent that I can bring back to my outline.
• When I think about writing, I will get my butt in the seat and do it.
• I will email my work to myself everyday to avoid the potentially fatal loss of data that computers occasionally cause.
• I will not allow myself to be distracted by Facebook, Farkle, Bejeweled, or any other unnecessary internet application.
• I will enjoy my writing experience.
• I will not put additional pressure on myself to do any better than I do.
• I will win NaNoWriMo 2009.
When I win NaNoWriMo 2009, I will reward myself with a full-body massage, an entire packet of Chocolate Scotch Fingers and a Milo.
I am capable of adhering to these commitments because I am talented and because my story needs to be written. I am the writer of my story.
Rebekah D. Hay