Friday, October 23, 2009

Plotting away...

I've been working on my plot outline for NaNo. (Considering that next week is my last week of calm before the storm that is NaNo, I really need to get this thing nailed down.) And I've realized how crazy plotting can be. Like, I know what's going to happen. I know the little happenings that will eventually be lined up just right to push the story forward. But for some reason, even though I know it in my head, actually seeing it in outline form is proving really difficult. It's a really weird feeling, knowing I know what's going to happen, but not knowing how to show I know what's going to happen. Or ... something.

I've also run into another interesting predicament. My story is moving to a very different genre (mystery/crime) than I originally expected (romance), and I've read very few mystery/crime books in the past. So while I know I want some high-impact events, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the possibilities. Ugh, I think I need to get to the library tomorrow...

No comments: