Wednesday, October 14, 2009

So I guess I'll blog after all...

I've gotten pretty excited about pursuing my writing career. I (hopefully) will be starting a writing course in January/February, and to kick things off with a serious bang, I've signed up for NaNoWriMo this year. I'm pretty stoked about it, although I need to get more writing done each day now to get used to the daily grind of NaNo. But I am preparing for the book itself as best as I can. I've got characters and a decent plot. All I really need now is a setting (it's gotta be somewhere that's artsy with a big city within about a few hours' drive) and some subplots (working on one, but that's as far as I got). Oh, well. I'll get to it eventually. October 31st hasn't arrived yet, so I'm good...

Also, I started writing my first novel in about February this year. And while it's kind of been sitting around stagnant for a few months, I've had a few ideas simmering away on that back burner for a while now. I'll probably get back into it once November's over. I think the biggest problem I'll have with it (as I've suspected from the start, even though that didn't change the plot at all...) is the fact that I'll definitely need to do some "on location" research. See, the majority of the book is set in L.A. And while I've been to LAX, I hardly believe that qualifies a person to write about the mass of chaos that is Hollywood. So...if and when I make it back home for a visit, I'll probably squeeze in a few extra days to hover around L.A. and try not to look like a tourist so I can get a bit of authentic material. Anybody wanna come along?? (BTW, that totally sounded like I have a clue of when I'll be able to do this research, but in actuality, I have no idea how soon I'll be able to make the trip.)

Anyway, here's to the start of whatever I can make of this passion of mine:)

No comments: