Sunday, November 15, 2009

One of my stories is being published!

I was completely thrilled this morning when I checked my email and found an acceptance for a story I submitted for publication! My kids probably thought I was going a little insane as I clapped and shouted, re-read the email, then started the cycle all over again.

What an awesome feeling it is! Cam (my husband) asked how many readers the magazine reached and my response was basically, "Dude, they're paying me to publish my story. That's all the validation I need!"

I'd love nothing more than to dish the story here and now for all of you to enjoy, but of course, I can't do that. So, anyone interested should stroll their merry little fingers over to www.thefirstline.com and have a look around the site. Obviously, you won't be able to buy the issue with my story in it yet, since it hasn't been published yet. But if I'm not mistaken, it will be identified as Vol. 11, Iss. 4 - Winter 2009 "Waiting for change always seems to take longer than you would expect."

So yeah, there you go. Woohoo! I'm so excited!

And I'm giddy. Which means I should stop now.

No comments: